Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Hippocratic Crush: Episode 21-25

For the comment, I will be brief here since I want to do a proper review for this one. Recap:

- Yat Hong (Nathan Ngai) got hit in the head by a bottle. Yat Kin (Kenneth) and Ben Wong tried to save him but it was too late. He passed away.
- Mei Suet (Mandy) finally let go of Yat Kin and her rivalry with Yu Jai (Tavia), thanks to Benjamin. She told Yat Kin about Yu Jai's sickness.
- Yat Kin proposed to Yu Jai. After rejecting him for so many times, she finally accepted him.
- Yu Jai got her tumour removed by her dad and Yat Kin.
- Mei Suet ended up with Benjamin. Yeung Chung (Him) ended up with Jing Jing (Candy Chang), and of course, Yat Kin and Yu Jai are married and...

----- THE END -----


 I feel so bad for the short-lived relationship between Yat Hong and Jing Jing...

 I think Kenneth did great in this scene because he only gets to use his eyes to show his emotions, though he could have done a little better in the last pic.


This is one of the best scenes in THC!! Watching Kenneth cried like this is just so heart-breaking!! Kenneth can really cry. He looked so tired, worn, and seemed to have aged a lot in the above pic. And that is what I expected Yat Kin to be after Yat Hong's death. Good job, Kenneth!!

The whole episode 22 was just so sad. Even though I knew beforehand that Yat Hong would die, I still cried when I watched it. I felt so emotional afterward. This episode alone needs to be rewatched!!

 
R.I.P. Yat Hong

 Thank you Benjamin for knocking some sense into this girl!!

 I feel that these two couples got together too fast, and too forced!!


The pier, Kenneth, Tavia crying/shouting... what does this remind you of?
That's right, The Mysteries of Love!! O_o BUT, before you panic, let me first show you something...


 ... see the difference?? Tavia didn't just go straight ahead and cried but her expressions changed slowly. First she pretended to be all happy and carefree. Then when Kenneth spoke her mind, she turned scared and speechless. And finally when she couldn't take it anymore, she got frustrated and burst into tears. That is a sign of improvement!! Everything was perfect until she screamed... O_o

 Another touching scene!! Everything was great except for the settings.
I would be pissed if I were Tong Yuen or Wing!!

 Yu Jai and Yat Kin's first date!! You could feel the happiness already!!


 Proposal scene... they look so sweet!!

 ... and THE END!!

I'm not surprised anymore that the series did not peak at 40 or above. Although it was a happy ending and I'm satisfied with it, it was really just a normal happy ending, nothing special. The last episode was not the best episode (the best ones are 22 and 24!!) and it got aired on a normal Friday night. Usually for a big production, the finale is 2-episode long and gets aired on Saturday or Sunday to gain higher ratings. Nevertheless, for a smaller budget series like THC, the rating is not bad.

By the way, I was browsing on Wikipedia the other day to check the ratings and this is what I found:

In case you couldn't make out the words, here's what it says: "You are really gullible if you think this series peaked at 58." That made my day!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment