Tuesday, December 20, 2011

TVB 2012 Series Anticipation

The series that will be in the 45th anniversary already started airing. I'm currently watching When Heaven Burns, which I really like, and I'll post something about it later. I still have to watch Bottled Passion, which I saw the first 2 episodes already and it's pretty good. The upcoming series are listed below. There are some that sound interesting and I want to watch, but there are also some that I plan to skip. By the way, Wish and Switch and L'Escargot are airing after Bottled Passion and When Heaven Burns. I have low expectation for these two since I'm not too fond of the story lines. But in the end, I may end up watching them...*sigh* Anyways, back to the topic, upcoming TVB series include:

(Note: I only listed the ones that already finished or started filming. The unconfirmed ones are subjected to change so I'm not listing them)

A War of the Heart (Psychological Warfare)
Producer: Jonathan Chik
Casts: Adam Cheng, Moses Chan, Maggie Shiu, Kenny Wong, Aimee Chan
I'm looking forward to this, Moses as a magician and a serial killer, sounds cool!! I'm loving him in When Heaven Burns right now, he can pull off a really cool look, as long as he's not in those comedic roles. The producer is also Chik so we can also expect something dark here.

Special Duties Unit
Producer: Lam Chi Wah
Casts: Jessica Hsuan, Joe Ma, Dominic Lam, Elena Kong, Him Law, Mandy Wong
90-minute-episode action-packed series, definitely looking forward to this. I saw the sales presentation clip too, the actions look authentic. Furthermore, I want to see Jessica in short hair and Kenneth Ma as a psycho killer.

Return to the Three Kingdoms
Producer: Lau Ka Ho
Casts: Kenneth Ma, Tavia Yeung, Raymond Lam, Ruco Chan, Kaki Leung, Pierre Ngo
Ever since the 2011 sales presentation, I've been waiting for this. Even though there are cast changes, I still want to watch this. It's Kenneth Ma after all:P This series should be fun to watch since time traveling is pretty interesting.

Boxing Champion (The Boxing King)
Producer: Marco Law
Casts: Kevin Cheng, Raymond Wong, Selena Li, Natalie Tong, Nancy Wu, Edwin Siu
Kevin and Ray Wong in action... plus Nancy too! Definitely looking forward to see Nancy as a deaf and mute boxer, although I'm not too fond of the boxing theme. Selena and Natalie's roles here seem small.

The Dazzling Dance of Chang'an
Producer: Nelson Cheung
Casts: Bobby Au Yeung, Myolie Wu, Linda Chung, Evergreen Mak, Sire Ma
This series should be a comedy, it looks like it. Anyways, never get tired of watching Bobby so I'm watching this. Plus, this is a dancing theme so we should see pretty costumes.

ATF Counter Terrorism Unit
Producer: Amy Wong
Casts: Ruco Chan, Ron Ng, Yoyo Mung, Aimee Chan, Eddie Kwan
Not looking forward to this, although Ruco is the lead here. May change my opinion later but so far, I don't think this series is about the terrorism theme but rather a romantic story. Please don't kill this!!

Let It Be Love (4 In Love)
Producer: Jonathan Chik
Casts: Charmaine Sheh, Moses Chan, Kenny Wong, King Kong, Elvina Kong
Something unusual from Chik and as expected, the same casts again *sigh* Since I'm a Charmaine fan, I'm watching this for her and see how it goes, may drop this if it turns out ridiculous.

The Hippocratic Crush (On Call 36 Hours)
Producer: Poon Ka Tak
Casts: Kenneth Ma, Tavia Yeung, Him Law, Mandy Wong
Not too fond of the theme but since there's Kenneth in it, I may end up watching this. But again, I don't like having too many newcomers all in one series. The crying scene of Tavia reminds me of The Mysteries of Love, which I don't like at all. Please don't ruin this!!

Daddy Good Deeds (Lucky Father)
Producer: Mui Siu Ching
Casts: Ha Yu, Steven Ma, Linda Chung, Evergreen Mak, Nancy Wu
A comedic light-hearted family theme series by Mui Siu Ching, should be fun to watch. I really enjoyed watching Can't Buy Me Love in 2010 so I think I'll watch this too. Sometimes you just don't want something too dramatic and just need a good laugh.

King Makers
Producer: Leung Choi Yuen
Casts: Kent Cheng, Wayne Lai, Pierre Ngo, Kristal Tin, Natalie Tong, Kingdom Yuen
Movie king vs. TV king! Definitely watching this. I remember watching Kent and Wayne in The Greatness of a Hero, good times. The story may sound old and repetitive but can good acting save this series? Only time will tell. I heard that Kent's role will be evil, don't know if it's true? But if it is, I'll be so excited. HOWEVER, I don't like Natalie in ancient series. She wasn't natural at all in The Life and Times of a Sentinel. Hope she can prove me wrong this time.

Palace Schemes of East and West
Producer: Wong Wai Sing
Casts: Roger Kwok, Fala Chen, Sharon Chan, Raymond Cho, Louis Yuen
Not looking forward to this. Don't get me wrong, I like both Roger and Fala. It's just that the story doesn't appeal to me. May end up watching this with my family though cuz they technically watch everything:P

Ladder to Heaven
Producer: Lee Tim Sing
Casts: Maggie Cheung, Moses Chan, Aimee Chan, Edwin Siu, Joel Chan
I'm looking forward to the collaboration between Maggie and Moses again after War and Beauty. This is also a Lee Tim Sing series so the expectation is even higher. Producer Lee never disappointed me. And since this is the only series Maggie has for next year, I'm definitely watching this even if it's just for her.

Ghetto Justice II
Producer: Joe Chan
Casts: Kevin Cheng, Myolie Wu, Sam Lee, Jazz Lam, Christine Kuo, JJ Jia, Raymond Cho
I really enjoyed Ghetto Justice so of course I'm looking forward to the second one. Will it be disappointing? We don't know yet. But I know that it has a different producer from the first one. Hope he can make it as good as the original.

Dangerous Protection
Producer: Lau Ka Ho
Casts: Bosco Wong, Linda Chung, Paul Chun, Queenie Chu
This series doesn't appeal to me at all. It sounds like a typical love story between the leads. I will not watch this unless I have extra time, but then I probably dig up some old series to watch instead of this.

Policewomen's Love Battlefield
Producer: Nelson Cheung
Casts: Niki Chow, Michael Tse, Mandy Wong, Matthew Ko, Koni Lui
I may skip this one. I'm not a fan of Niki and Michael's actings. I like Michael more as a supporting than as a lead. The story also doesn't appeal to me.

The Aristocratic Family (Prominent Family)
Producer: Chong Wai Kin
Casts: Damian Lau, Idy Chan, Kenneth Ma, Tavia Yeung, Ron Ng, Rebecca Zhu
A big production with a big cast, well... except for Rebecca Zhu. I'm watching this for Damian, Kenneth and Tavia. I'm not familiar with Idy Chan. I only saw her in one series a few years ago. But 40 episodes?! That's just too much. I remember I got tired of watching Moonlight Resonance because it was too long as well.

The Great Eunuch
Producer: Marco Law
Casts: Wayne Lai, Michelle Yim, Maggie Shiu, Raymond Wong, Nancy Wu, Edwin Siu, Aimee Chan
Casts change in the last minute... well let's see how this one will turn out. I do have confidence in Wayne and Michelle, but I don't know how the script will be. Michelle replacing Maggie, I can accept that but I still want to see Maggie as Cixi, what a pity... but her health is more important. And Aimee should improve her Chinese first before taking part in an ancient grand production! Even if TVB wants to promote her, it doesn't have to go that far, seriously!! Hope she will have minimal screen time!! Yea, I know I sound harsh... but that's the truth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment